What's new

Medium Format Decisions

olympusbear

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 11, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Wisconsin
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hiya folks! In a recent fit of madness I decided to shoot some medium format and I'm in a wild search for a worthy camera. As of now I have two viable choices and one illigitimate, but fun, option. The viable choices come in the form of the Mamiya c330 and the Yashicamat 124. They seem to readily available and they have a generally positive reputation. As for my illigitimate option (hint: it's not a Holga) I've spent a few idle hours drooling at soft core images of the Kiev 88. Yes, I've had mixed experiences with Soviet gear and I know the possibility of buying a dud.
What options have I missed and what would be your optimal choice for a TLR?
 
I'd recommend the C330, maybe only because I have one.

But really, its a well built solid camera. You can get accessories such as different viewfinders, parallax correcting camera mount, interchangeable lenses.

It can focus very close because of its bellows construction.
 
what are you shooting with it
 
If your going to buy a set of lenses the c33 is a good choice, otherwise id opt for the 124, as its so much lighter.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom