Meet Willow

Wfpinky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Where I live, rain is nonexistent (seriously, we're in a scary bad drought). It's a shame because I absolutely love taking pictures outside when it's cloudy or muggy. A few months ago though I finally got to play around with my camera before it started raining. This is Willow, our 3yr old blue heeler. She has more ego, sass, and personality than any dog I've ever met. She thinks she's pretty special. Just don't tell her she's a dog :wink:. Feedback is welcome as always.
$DSC_0512.jpg

$DSC_0514.jpg

Cute pup! Watch your backgrounds and surroundings; there's a lot of distractions in these images, and they really take away from the scene; look for even, homogenous backgrounds which have minimal linear detail to pull the eye away from the subject. Also, bear in mind that the eye is naturally attracted to light over dark, so it is pulled toward the bright parts of the image.

Nice and sharp, decently exposed but a bit dull and low contrast.
Look at all that bright space above his head that does nothing but attract the viewers' eye.
Get rid of distractions, make him stand out from the background and give him some pop.

$DSC_0512dogllll.jpg$layers-dog.jpg

Thanks for the input! Looks like I need to do a tad more editing.

Most reactions

Back