Memorial Day CC - Group 2

GeneralBenson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fullertonimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So here's some photos from saturday, CC welcome and appreciated. Mostly they're just some snapshots from the day that I think were cool. My wife and I went to the Boulder Creek Festival, which was alot of fun. There was a really great group playing music from Zimbabwe. We rode our bike to the festival and on the way home, we got dumped on by rain. We were completely soaked within a minute or two, and when we got close to home we saw a parking lot with a huuuge puddle, so we decided to ride our bike through it.

#1 - The cool band.
p1050427591.jpg

#2 - My wife, taken by me.
p1061320887.jpg

#3 - Me, taken by my wife.
p980694529.jpg

I'm not seeing any pictures...

#2 and #3 - Not much to say, excellent photos. They certainly tell the story.
#1 - Sorry, too busy for me. I don't think it really shows the band. Doesn't make me feel the music.

Thanks for the CC. I agree with you on the first. It was the best of the bunch, but none of them really did much for me. It was hard getting a good angle without being that guy who gets in everyone's way to get the shot he wants.

You mention Group from Zimbabwe. I guess I am not feeling or seeing that. (Why do I have that "I need more cowbell" in my head now.

2&3 talk of an innocent return to youth. "Stay out of the water" I can hear the mom's now. They look like fun.

Excuse my brevity. The musical group was a local community group that plays traditional music from Zimbabwe. I don't think any of them were native to Zimbabwe. But based on the absolutely nothing I know about music from Zimbabwe, the music sounded really good.

I must fess up, I have been "pre-occupied" all week with trying to figure out WHY I have soft images all the time.

I am guessing it's because I was in-camera processing them too much for Sharpness, Saturation and Active D-lighting. I think they are coming along much better now.

Anywhoooo.
Here's a couple that I have taken this week.

The spreader is in my parents yard, and the buggy is at a place called the Forest City Stockade. In 1862, this was the largest part of and start of the Sioux Indian uprising.

Full Size Original Pictures are here.

stockade_01.jpg

This one is also HDR processed. I had thought about how the D90 only takes 3 bracketted pictures and figured out how to get 5 bracketted pictures out of it. (6 actually, but there is one duplicate at EV 0.)
spreader.jpg

I do really like the second one, as I'm a big fan of vivid color. I love the detail that shows up in the back wheels.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back