What's new

Memorial Grove

Peniole

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
516
Reaction score
1
Location
where to next?
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I'm runing out of photographical oppourtunites in this city, I need a new location. Went on a walk and found this park smack downtown but tucked away in a valley next to the capitol building. It's suuposed to be a first world war soldier memorial, but it's been turned into an off leash dog park, and a place for weddings. Unfortunately the memorials are poorly taken care of, so no close up of the names...etc. C+C always welcome.

First world war memorial with names of soldiers carved in the middle.
P9010033copy.jpg


Capitol building as seen from thw valley, couldn't decide which crop I liked better, so here they both are.
P9010030copy.jpg


P9010031copy.jpg


14mm f/9 for all the images posted, exp. ranged from 1/25 to 1/40, ISO100. Circular polarizer.
 
Thanks for commenting. Yes I'm leaning toward the second one too.
 
I like the bottom one - Why? rule of thirds.......... it looks more balanced, 2nd has too much sky. That is just my $0.02
 
Thanks for looking, makes sense it does have too much sky, I tried cropping it more, it just gave it a wierd unpleasant proportion.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom