memory cards... ughh

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i know this has been touched on many times. Put it up anyway and on some things i belong in the beginner section (especially with tech) it seems. i have a lot of memory cards and just ordered more. But none are the "nice" ones. Best i have is 32 g 84/s i think. Most are 32 48 and the ones for the point and shoots get even worse (yes i do mix them up sometimes by accident so i have had a 8 g in my nikon dslr )

what i am asking, is getting to the point if i run the one 84 for raws in slot 1 and run a 48 for jpeg in slot 2 does the slower card still mess up the camera even if less is going on it because it just gets hit with the jpegs? i only have one 84/s card. i have plenty of 48 s cards if they matching is preferable. i have run the 84 for raws and a little 16 in slot 2 for jpegs before it it worked, i just wonder if it is something that makes a huge difference.

Technical question that only the camera scientists could answer without experiments. Key would be how the software in the camera handles writing to two cards. Does it send bits equally to each or does it send as fast as each card can accept them? If two equally fast cards are in place then it's a moot point but someone with a dual card camera would have to test it to see.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back