MEMORY CARDS

APHPHOTO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I own a D-90. Was wondering what card to get ? Curently have Sandisk Extreme lll SDHC 8 GB. Read articles on some but get confused on what kind to use on diff situations. Not really looking for a bigger card, but diff kinds, brands.

Is the card you have not working well?

I own a D-90. Was wondering what card to get ? Curently have Sandisk Extreme lll SDHC 8 GB. Read articles on some but get confused on what kind to use on diff situations. Not really looking for a bigger card, but diff kinds, brands.
What different situations could affect your choice of memory card? I use Sandisk or Kingston in my D90 and never give them a second thought.

Nothing wrong with your current card mate - does the job well I assume. Maybe buy a spare or two though, they are small buggers and easily lost. Also even though Sandisk are one of the better brands, any card can fail in the end.

Nothing wrong with your current card mate - does the job well I assume. Maybe buy a spare or two though, they are small buggers and easily lost. Also even though Sandisk are one of the better brands, any card can fail in the end.
I've worked in IT for many, many years and I've come to the conclusion that there are basically two kinds of companies selling memory.

The first - Lifetime warranty. They take the time to burn-in and test every single stick of memory that leaves their plant. They can afford to offer a lifetime warranty because they seldom have any come back.

The second - Lifetime warranty. They get the sticks from the plant that actually made them (there are only a couple), stick them in a package with their name on it, and let the consumer deal with the burn-in and testing. They can afford to offer a lifetime warranty because of the money they saved by not testing their memory.

For me there are only a very few companies whose memory I trust through experience. There is honestly no telling how much memory I've installed in computers over the past 20-odd years and I've had my share of bad ones. When I started being particular about whose memory I bought most of my problems went away.

Most reactions

Back