Mennonite Horse and Buggy

great image love the b&w shades

Thanks so much all!

John, I didn't know that, that's awesome! Then I'm doubly glad you like it !

Ha Astro, yeah he does float a wee bit but I didn't want to bring the inside of the buggy up toooo much, I was already a little worried I did just that but I think it works as it is.
Oh and, good excuse lol ghost shows are fun ;)

I like it; especially the almost OF ghostly image of the driver.

To me it's a little more black and gray than B&W and something to me seemed a little off but couldn't put my finger on it; I think the horse looks a little too processed and slightly less than real. I do like the almost ghostly look of the driver, and I think I might have liked seeing a little more background framing the buggy. Interesting photo.

I like it. I'm not usually a fan of this dark type of B&W processing but it really works for this image, well done.

To me it's a little more black and gray than B&W and something to me seemed a little off but couldn't put my finger on it; I think the horse looks a little too processed and slightly less than real. I do like the almost ghostly look of the driver, and I think I might have liked seeing a little more background framing the buggy. Interesting photo.

Thanks Ray :)

Sharon, thanks so much for your thoughts, fair enough on the black and gray, there really wasn't anything true white in the scene, likely the rocks on the road are the closest but I like the tonality of it without the white (which is rare lol) Hmmm... the horse (and buggy other than where the driver is) actually is the least processed part of the whole image, perhaps it is because he is lit by the harsh sun whereas the driver is in the shade? I did crop it quite close to eliminate a lot of the background, it was just foliage and quite... busy and I didn't think it contributed, I added a vignette to get rid of most of it lol

I know it's an old thread but love this time freeze.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Awesome shot, was this taken in St Jacobs ?

OK, gonna go againt the current here.
The subjects are over on the right and there is lots of space on the left for no artistic reason.
The horse, which I assume is Mennonite, is much differently processed than the driver.
There is a big dark blob on the left.

Not satisfying at all.
Sorry,

I didn't see the first one but I like this photo. Nice capture. One comment though. There seems to be a disconnect between the driver and the horse and buggy. He seems to be stuck there I guess because there's no connection to driving the buggy - you can't see his hands or the reins. He seems to be a sleepy passenger rather than the driver. The BW is a nice touch for this kind of photo.

Whoa, love the pic. Great idea captured at the right moment.

Oops, missed this getting bumped, sorry it took so long to reply!
Thanks for your thoughts all! All C&C is noted and I will carry it forward :)
Lew, if I recall correctly I do believe you had similar comment on the first edit, thanks for your thoughts!

Beautiful subject and composition, perfect lighting. A winner here for sure!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back