Mess

toruonu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
galerii.nicpb.ee
I think every single photographer who has tried to take a shot of a bird has had a moment where he composes the picture perfectly expecting the bird to keep looking the way he did only to be able to take shots of the bird looking exactly the other way... Once you get used to him looking that way and recompose he keeps on looking the other way to what you want.

Well I had some time ago exactly one of these days...

pilt317.jpg

Ehm...the bird is completely hidden behind the branches and such. To make this interesting, you should get closer to the bird...IMHO.

pascal

"Get closer to the bird" is ever so often easier said than done! :D
I have tried often ... and always in vain! Well, almost always. But I have NEVER so far managed to get as good close-ups of birds as our Sir Raymond does, for example. Many of my attempts to photograph birds look JUST like Mario's attempt here: lots of bush and twigs and a tiny spot that is the bird. I have cropped like mad before, but that only decreases the sharpness and clarity in the end, for you can only go so far and no further...

My best "bird blooper" of late is like Mario's pic here PLUS the bird doing the hop so all I get to see (and to capture with the camera) is its backside :roll: :lol: ... if you say I may share just for communication reasons, Mario, I can go look for that one and show it all unprocessed (no crop, pure as it was taken)? Let me know.

sure Corinna, show away :)

pascal: the actual point of the picture is as the title sais the mess of branches and the colours. These pastel shades of gray and brown with the intertwining branches appealed to me and actually the bird there is just an added bonus to give a tweak to the pic :)

I like it how it is, it shows the bird in its natural surrounding

Here we are then: the first is the one of birdie's backside and the second the one I actually had to think of first when I saw your photo here, Mario:

frhmorgensimmoor68.jpg

frhmorgensimmoor60.jpg

Quite messy, too, eh, both of these?
And the "blooper" part of mine is that I actually tried to capture ... :oops: ... the birds ... erm :er: :blulsh2:

Most reactions

Back