Meteor Shower Pics...

Turnerea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lets put some pictures up from the meteor shower....

...and I'll start the bar off real low! This is the only one I got with a trail in it at all. Was actually quite bright, but I guess the 10" @1600 didn't help. I was forced to use 1600 to keep (star)trails from forming.... took some noise out with Noise Ninja, but it's still rather grainy. Still a fun night out... and I have some trails to develop with my film camera too.

4112274822_21e1f4c912_b.jpg

What aperture were you using? Me at f/4 for 24 seconds i didn't get trails. I missed it last night i was up then passed out and didn't hear the alarm ehh :(

That was f/4 for 10" and 1600ISO. You have to take into account focal length when calculating if star trails will occur. I was shooting at 35mm on a Canon crop body. If you go longer, you'll get star trails sooner.

I shot with my 35 on nikon crop body. Iso 200 and only when you zoom in 100% can you see a tiny amount of movement.

Congrats, Erik! I was up at 3:30 and was out till well after 5am in sub-freezing temps only to come up empty. Too cloudy to the south. I thought I caught one, then realized it was a jet. Dammit. I was all set though... I was shooting 30 seconds @ f/3.5 with an ISO of 400 with an 18mm focal length. Seemed to be a decent combo with minimal star trails.

Glad someone here was able to snag a decent shot last night.

I had same issue, went out around 3:30 and didn't see anything! I did some good test shots a f/7.1 ISO 200 at 30" but I couldn't grab any shooting stars...at least all the people driving by at that time of day probably thought I was nuts.

Most reactions

Back