AG74683
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jan 9, 2010
- Messages
- 138
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Hickory/Boone, NC
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
So I am reading Understanding Exposure, and I have been trying to understand metering.
I have a D3000, and I am trying to understand how you meter for other objects than the one you are interested in photographing (blue skies, etc.)
I am reading the manual for my camera, and I am still fuzzy on a few things.
Id guess if I am metering for a blue sky, I would set my meter to spot, meter for the sky, press the AE-L (Autoexposure lock) button, then go back to the original object intended for the picture?
Question is, in order to focus with AE-L pressed down, you have to focus before you press the button. So at what point to I press the shutter button to focus the camera?
I have a D3000, and I am trying to understand how you meter for other objects than the one you are interested in photographing (blue skies, etc.)
I am reading the manual for my camera, and I am still fuzzy on a few things.
Id guess if I am metering for a blue sky, I would set my meter to spot, meter for the sky, press the AE-L (Autoexposure lock) button, then go back to the original object intended for the picture?
Question is, in order to focus with AE-L pressed down, you have to focus before you press the button. So at what point to I press the shutter button to focus the camera?