metroplex

den9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
shots for a website, im not sure i like them, im not good at shooting buildings in broad day light, how could i improve these

DSC_0036-2.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

They look good to me.

Ah, here it is then, the building you were to photograph for your dad.
Apart from the fact that it still looks brandnew and all empty and totally unused, this broad daylight did nothing against modern architecture photography - and I really like how the sky was only just blue, providing an all uniform background with no distractions.

Now I am not sure about the distortions in the first ... from what I read, architecture photography should be all rectangular lines and all, but I don't know if that still applies. The newer versions of PS seem to have features to straighten distorted lines (my ancient old version does NOT have that feature yet) ... and then there are those special (super expensive!) cameras with ... is the word "tilt shift lens"? ... well, that, but I assume THAT much has never been asked from you, hm?

he said he didnt like the shadows, i dunno what he was talking about. its hard taking photos because u have to wait on a weekend when the parking lot is empty, then you have to wait for clear skys. it did pay off going up there because when i was waiting for the sun to move i found some train tracks and got some good graffiti photos

anyway, do you think these are good enough for a small website?

I think that if you fix some of the perspective problem issues, that will make them look more imposing.
Than re-level to taste

bldgcc3.jpg

should i shoot at eye level? i was standing pretty low, and where ever i went there were trees in the way

Most reactions

Back