Mexican Clover

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think this shot is a little better than the last one that was done with the wrong lens. Not exactly how I would've liked to've seen it, maybe done with a little shallower dof perhaps but I'm happy enough with it. I hope everyone is enjoying their day and new toys. :wink-6:

11142124-studio.jpg

Hmmmm, crickets ..... that good ..... back to the drawing board.

Nothing wrong with that image Kirk- I have seen far worse trust me :) :)

Nothing wrong with that image Kirk- I have seen far worse trust me :) :)
Thanks Lez, and I trust that you're not just saying that to spare my feelings. I wouldn't want you to but I think you know that. I know that pictures can sometimes get overlooked so maybe that's why the lack of responses. If I could change one thing it would be the aperture, I would open it up a bit to make it more shallow a dof and introduce more light into the pic and make those colors pop.

Interesting patterns on the petals. Is this a crop? I like the soft color.
Thanks, Jeff. It is a cropped macro but not cropped much at all. Looking at it again it looks odd, something isn't right. I used sharpening AI, etc to bring out some detail and it may've been too much so I'm going to rework or I should say, unwork it.

Last edited:
@jeffashman

Yep, too much sharpening/clarity made it look weird. Here it is as it should look but I have to say, it would've looked better in better light. It was a little on the bright side.

11142124-studio2.jpg

It's a pretty flower, but it looks washed out. Maybe too much light. Did you try to under expose it any?

Yep, too much sharpening/clarity made it look weird. Here it is as it should look but I have to say, it would've looked better in better light. It was a little on the bright side.
I've run into the same issue with SharpenAI. It's a great product, but there are times when it makes things worse, instead of better. FWIW LR has the same tendency to make a pic worse, rather than better. I like the second one, the petals look more velvety, and have a nice pastel color to them.

I've run into the same issue with SharpenAI. It's a great product, but there are times when it makes things worse, instead of better. FWIW LR has the same tendency to make a pic worse, rather than better. I like the second one, the petals look more velvety, and have a nice pastel color to them.
Thanks, Jeff. Yep, sometimes I find myself sharpening manually, the AI isn't as smart as it thinks. :lol:

Agreed, the pastel color is right for this. Maybe I'll catch a shot of it during the golden hour some day.

It's a pretty flower, but it looks washed out. Maybe too much light. Did you try to under expose it any?
Yep, like I said previously, it's a little on the bright side. A - step or dimmer light would've produced a better pic.

Thanks Lez, and I trust that you're not just saying that to spare my feelings. I wouldn't want you to but I think you know that. I know that pictures can sometimes get overlooked so maybe that's why the lack of responses. If I could change one thing it would be the aperture, I would open it up a bit to make it more shallow a dof and introduce more light into the pic and make those colors pop.
Not at all Kirk- look around any Photo forums- you'll see some abysmal images :) ( Disclaimer: Other opinions may vary )

Les:)

Most reactions

Back