Michael , Test, Some skin !

manny212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tested this young man last week and although still quite green his agent let me know that he's already booked a job as a direct result of our test ! HA! Thanks for looking . And oh yes , Youth is really wasted on the young ! LOLOL:345::345::345:

Michael by manny herreria, on Flickr

ya clipped the top of his head in #1, but otherwise a fantastic shot!
#3 was very well done. great DOF and highlight control.

#5 and #7 are the best casual male portraits posted here in a long time.
#4 is really nice, but i think a slightly lower angle might have looked a tad better.
#6 is a great head shot, but i think you should have cropped just above the head.
#8 is fantastic. the wood rails really frame him nicely.

#1 would not be improved if his hair wasn't clipped. I'd venture to say he could crop it in even further...

#1 would not be improved if his hair wasn't clipped. I'd venture to say he could crop it in even further...

sure, that's another opinion...

Thanks guys !! I That top of the head cut off thing is , for me , a rule that I will break . I've seen it done for so many years in my fashion career not only to others but to me as well by some bigwigs that its kinda silly . I know it's " technically " sound , but I look at it as one of those the rules that from time to time I will break .

Jason . on # 4 I agree , but the backdrop was immovable and for crap so I went up , as I really wanted to incorporate that deck !

Shot these with my new D810 , yada , yada ... I will tell you the dynamic range on this thing pretty incredible. The main reason I purchased it .

Thanks again guys ! The more and more I shoot the more and more rules it seems I want to break ! :bouncingsmileys:

Good stuff, though go easy on the tone mapping. Sometimes the blacks look muddy and grey. The D810 is quite the camera indeed.

Good stuff, though go easy on the tone mapping. Sometimes the blacks look muddy and grey. The D810 is quite the camera indeed.

Thank you !!! To be honest I kinda have no idea what tone mapping is ? really not a clue , I eyeball it , maybe not the best way but otherwise i spend hours moving sliders back and forth trying to decide . ! I will pay attention to my blacks !! Thanks

Great shots. I love the last two.

Thanks Dan ! means a lot , seeing the stuff you post up here . I know the stuff I'm posting is middle of the road and pretty vanilla , but heck man thats what the agencies want ant the pay the bill ...So Vanilla it shall be ! HAHA ! Thanks again . OH Dan btw one of the guys I posted here , Matt , is in NY wit Qmodels and doing quite well , let me know when you move back and maybe I can hook you guys up for shoot !!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back