What's new

Micro Four thirds

jasonphoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
44
Reaction score
1
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Guys any reviews or articles here about micro 4/3 cameras?
thanks
 
Yes. We've talked about plenty before.
 
I have an E-Pen 1, and use it as my p&s. it is great, and there is a thread which goes into great detail about these cameras, but I don't remember the title. Advanced search should be helpful.
 
wow guys thanks! boinks I forgot about those searchy thingys...
 
I really like the micro four thirds concept.

Only thing that rattles my cage about M43 is when people come out and say these cameras will kill off DSLR's, they will never hold a candle too or replace my DSLR.
 
you can see the thread started by me
 
I've started a couple and participated in a few as well.

Also,

The digitalrev TV sponser of this site has produced a few video reviews on youtube.
 
I actually want to pick one up to use for restaurant reviews.

I'm currently at a loss as to which brand to go with. The new Sony Nex cameras use an APS-C sensor and are really compact, but the currently lens choices seem lacking. There's always the Olympus PEN cameras, but it's nearly $800 for the new EP-3, IIRC.
 
I really like the micro four thirds concept.

Only thing that rattles my cage about M43 is when people come out and say these cameras will kill off DSLR's, they will never hold a candle too or replace my DSLR.

Guess it depends on what you mean by "hold a candle to." Yes, there are limitations due to the smaller sensor, but for a wide range of photography something like the Panasonic GH2 competes very well with mid-range DSLRs from any of the major brands. I wouldn't say my GH2 would be my first choice for available light work (although it's better than you might think) or for shooting sports, but for almost anything else the camera and its output is on par with my 50D. In some ways it's more flexible, and live view is much better than anything Canon (or any of the other DSLR makers) offers.
 
I actually want to pick one up to use for restaurant reviews.

I'm currently at a loss as to which brand to go with. The new Sony Nex cameras use an APS-C sensor and are really compact, but the currently lens choices seem lacking. There's always the Olympus PEN cameras, but it's nearly $800 for the new EP-3, IIRC.

ATM the only camera I have is a Panasonic DMC-G10 (yes I know) it's nice and compact I still use the kit lens as well (again I know) it's a pretty good lens 14-42mm. It's a great camera despite these short combings though
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom