What's new

Military Ceremony C&C

Evoman

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 23, 2014
Messages
14
Reaction score
4
Location
Jacksonville, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these pictures for a fellow marine at a ceremony, we had yesterday. I used my trusty D80 w/ my 18-135mm lens. Please C&C, im working on getting better.


1 $DSC_0305.webp
2$DSC_0306.webp
3$DSC_0303.webp
4$DSC_0281.webp
 
1 I would have gotten the top of the flag in the picture.
(Same with 4 with the hat)

2 Is great just put your main subject smack in the middle for a shot like that.

3 is good appart from the arm or whatever in the bottom left corner obstructing the frame.
 
I think #1 is the best for a variety of reason but could use some edits
Could you elaborate more? None of the pictures are edited.

After a long discussion here, I made a promise to myself not to give that kind of help/comments to those who had their pictures marked as not to edit.
You are military, I'm ex-military (24 yrs active) and so I broke my promise to myself a little.
Best wishes, Jarhead.
Sorry.

Lew
 
Should the flag be red, blue and pink ?
 
I think that #1-#3 are "hot" on the left side. Probably because that is where the sun was at. I think #4 could be the best of the set, if his cover wasn't ever so slightly cut off. I agree with CdTSnap with regard to the distraction in the lower left hand corner and you can accomplish his suggestion on #2 by cropping in post, which will help with completely centering the subject.
 
Looks like you need some color correction, get rid of that pink hue, and all of them seem to lean to the left. All of this could be fixed in post. You can crop them to help with composition but I would be concerned with how much of the subject you would cut out in doing so.... What I started doing in situations I wasn't completely comfortable with, shoot wide. Give yourself room to crop and straighten the composition. As you get better you wont need to do that. But if you cut off a head or shoot to close, you cant add to the shot. You can only crop away unneeded space.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom