Milky Way Shooting When Moon is Almost Full

Yep.
I posted that link back in post #4.
That map is very useful to visual observers or those doing relatively short exposure wide angle astrophotography with a camera and camera lens.

Anyone wanting to do serious astrophotography using a telescope and dedicated astrophotography camera should use this map.
Light Pollution map

Sorry, must have forgot about that link. My bad. I like the second link. Hadn't seen that one before.

I just the pollution map, and it shows total darkness at my observation area. :) That's a good thing.

Well, wasn't going to do this, but. Here is the link that will get you EXACTLY the information you need.
Dark-Sky Site Directory: Florida
Yep.
I posted that link back in post #4.
That map is very useful to visual observers or those doing relatively short exposure wide angle astrophotography with a camera and camera lens.

Anyone wanting to do serious astrophotography using a telescope and dedicated astrophotography camera should use this map.
Light Pollution map

I was using that site and Dark Sky Finder
I was looking to go around the junction of 75/93 and 29 (around miles city) which is blue on jshines map which is I think is a 3 on the Bortle scale. I am from NJ where the best I can do is a like a 5 or 6..

You other comment about adjusting Stellarium by Limiting the Magnitude is really helpful.

Most reactions

Back