Miller's vs. Mpix Pro

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently use Miller's but I am beginning to be disappointed in their selection. Other labs are coming out with newer products and Miller's seems to be dragging their feet. I have always been impressed by Miller's but I was wanting to know some opinions on the quality from people who use Mpix Pro. I know they are basically the same company but they do not offer the same products.

Let's use this graph for comparison. Copy and paste it into your reply. If you have something to add, just add it to the list.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Miller's
-free shipping
-color correction
-overnight shipping

Mpix Pro
-?

He's talking about mpix pro, not mpix (though the catalogs of mpix and mpix pro are closer together).

There are differences. MPIX pro's catalog is wider than Miller's and includes things like framing. Miller's will do (and encourages) their color correction, mpix pro will not do color correction at all (mpix, the consumer side, can and will). Mpix Pro's free shipping is only if the order exceeds $100, but is all fedex and I believe next day.

miller's and mpix are the same company; miller is the pro lab & mpix the mask market/consumer

Mpix.com - About Mpix

He's talking about mpix pro, not mpix

Correct

There are differences. MPIX pro's catalog is wider than Miller's and includes things like framing. Miller's will do (and encourages) their color correction, mpix pro will not do color correction at all (mpix, the consumer side, can and will). Mpix Pro's free shipping is only if the order exceeds $100, but is all fedex and I believe next day.

Miller's
-free shipping
-color correction
-overnight shipping

Mpix Pro
-$4 (possible) overnight shipping
-wider catalog

I use all 3: Millers, MpixPro, and Mpix.

I also use H&R Color Lab, WHCC, Bay Photo and whoever else has what I need/want.

Recently, all the MpixPro products have been introduced into the Miller's Catalog. I know they are working hard on getting everything MpixPro has onto the Miller's side, and when they announce new products, I believe they're going to always put it in Miller's first, then (if applicable) to MpixPro.

He's talking about mpix pro, not mpix (though the catalogs of mpix and mpix pro are closer together).

Not all things are in millers as in mpix pro. Like standouts and gallery mats.

Watch this video about mpix pro:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used all 3 as well. Mpix, Mpix Pro and Millers. As far as prints go, it is exactly the same printer, print paper, ink, and technique. The only difference is the price. If you compare the catalogs for all 3 you will notice that the main difference is PRICE. Mpix is geared toward non-professional, Mpix Pro is one level up, and Millers is their higher end which is the most expensive. The products will vary from the 3 slightly as well, but not by too much. As for color correction, if your monitor is calibrated properly you should not be paying a lab to "color correct" your images.

This thread is over 2 years old, and until today had been inactive for a year. I don't know if some spammer dug it up and the has since been banned.

Things changed at Miller's/MpixPro/Mpix. They moved 90 miles from the small town of Pittsburg, Kansas (pop. 20,000), to the much larger town Springfield, Missouri (pop. 160,000).

There were also some management and business practice changes back about 2 years ago, and I started using Miller's less and less.

Most reactions

Back