Milton Steam Era Fair - c & c welcome

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Title pretty much sums it up. I went to a steam era fair in Milton, Ontario yesterday with my camera. One tip for attending such events: Keep an eye on your lens. Mine was filthy in no time and I had to clean it like a dozen times or so, what with all the soot and crap in the air. Anyway, here are some shots. I'm not sure about the processing. Maybe I over did it.

SteamEra-0743-EDITED-2.jpg

SteamEra-0317-EDITED.jpg

SteamEra-0716-EDITED.jpg

SteamEra-0390-EDITED.jpg

SteamEra-0039-EDITED.jpg

SteamEra-0060-EDITED.jpg

I really like shot #2 and #5, #5 has the perfect blend of the 'old' in the forefront of the 'new'. Overall good job!

Personally I like 3 and 5. Great capture. The tone of 3 works really well with the subject matter and 5 is a great shot.

I like 2,3, and 5. 2 woulda been cool if the gauge had sum oressure on it. 3 i think the color you chose for this is nice, and 5 has alot going on in the background but its a fair, so thats bound to happen. nice shots though imo. Not sure what you're getting at with 1, with the lone stranded child and all. kinda funny.

I wish they had events like this where I am- maybe they do, I just don't know where to look.

Great shots. I like #2 the best but the others are all good. I like the way you used the colors to separate the foreground and background in #5. And everything just looks "old." Too many times with stuff like this, everything is pristine, which is great to see how it originally looked. But sometimes it's good to see old stuff as old.

Very picturesque event. Nice job.

I wish they had events like this where I am- maybe they do, I just don't know where to look.

Great shots. I like #2 the best but the others are all good. I like the way you used the colors to separate the foreground and background in #5. And everything just looks "old." Too many times with stuff like this, everything is pristine, which is great to see how it originally looked. But sometimes it's good to see old stuff as old.

Very picturesque event. Nice job.

Thanks. There's plenty to do in NJ. You just have to google it. Check this out: Things to do in New Jersey - FUN NEW JERSEY - Fun things to do in NJ

Thanks again everyone.

These pictures are great, good job on the pp.

I really like #3. Looks like an old photo that someone just found in the attic.

Thanks everyone. If you want your photos to look like #5 & #6, play around with the white balance a bit. Try warming up the temp and play with the tone. That's what I did to get them to have that "look." I only like that look on certain types of shots and thought for these two it worked well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back