What's new

Mini in the Alley

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
5,520
Reaction score
1,866
Location
Appleton, WI
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
MOST CREATIVE TITLE EVAR!!!! ERMAGERD!!!!

Mini in the Alley by longm1985, on Flickr

SEE? Ok, fro rly, how did I do, and how can I improve? Thanks, guys!

BTW, I <3 flash.
 
I like it butttt it's not centered. Whether it's the slightly more space on the right, or it may have been the angle of the camera on the car and down the alley as well. It could just be me being a little too OCD but it's bothering me haha.

Other than that; I get the appeal of the vertical shot here, but I still would like to see how a horizontal frame would look. The detail on the car and pavement is sweet and I think the light looks good.

Btw the only reason the uncenteredness stands out to me is because the image is pretty contrasty and those stripes make my eyes follow the lines. Check out those adjectives.
 
I <3 minis too - my first car was a red hot mini back in the UK :)

Anyhoo, with regards to the image - I would have liked to see some more definition of the edges - such as the side mirrors which seem to be merging into the walls for me (maybe it's my colorblindness though).

Besides that - perhaps a verrrrrry slightly lower angle!
 
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll add that in my next shot. I think it's the dark wall throwing the image off a bit. Maybe I need a better alley.
 
Yeah I think he got it right with that, the darkness throws off the balance.

There is still some extra space on the right though, I measured to make sure I wasn't just crazy haha. Measure straight horizontally from the sidemarkers on the front fenders to the edges of the frame.

I agree with the (very) slightly lower angle as well, mini's have a nice stance to them and I think that would help bring it out.
 
How weird...I was gonna SEND YOU this pic last night!!! Really! I snapped it the other day in a parking lot. Thought you might find it cheerful.

$MiniCooper in Lot_1600.webp
 
I know a few in Milwaukee. There will be hookers.

I measured after I said that and you're... right. it isn't perfectly centered. My bad. I didn't crop it since it's two images and I was afraid to. :lol: I need practice at this composite business.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom