Miniature Tea Set

hellfeier

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was finding things around my house to try out my newly found hobby on. This happened to be one of my favorite pictures!

Attachments

• $tea_set.jpg
    $tea_set.jpg
    498.2 KB · Views: 104
Oh, how cute! That tea set is lovely.
Nice play with wide open aperture, shallow DOF and window light only (I guess). Maybe you should have tried to really limit it to very few colours, the red and green splotches of the very OOF tablecloth are a smidge distracting, though not too much.

Oh, how cute! That tea set is lovely.
Nice play with wide open aperture, shallow DOF and window light only (I guess). Maybe you should have tried to really limit it to very few colours, the red and green splotches of the very OOF tablecloth are a smidge distracting, though not too much.

I agree. Cool idea, but I would have extended the table off the frame. There's just enough color back there to be distracting. Neat idea though.

I would select the color background and pull color out till it has very little color left..... wish the cup handle was not cropped, any more room? cute shot...worth redoing

Thanks! I still have the set, I'll see what I can do! It was purely window lighting, so setting this back up shouldn't be too hard. I might have accidentally cropped out the other handle when resizing the image for uploading purposes, I'll go take another look at the original.

Very nice. Love the background.
Just so you weren't humming...I'm a little tea pot, short and stout...while you were taking it

Thanks! I'm new to post editing and haven't quite got it all down yet.

It is not about post editing but rather seeing what you have in the viewfinder. It is important to "see" what is in the background & deal with it, if possible.

Oh! Sorry, forgot to quote what I was replying to, which was editing my white / black threshold. Thanks though! I'll make sure to pay more attention to the whole composition, rather than just what my main focus of the piece is.

Thanks! I'm new to post editing and haven't quite got it all down yet.

It is not about post editing but rather seeing what you have in the viewfinder. It is important to "see" what is in the background & deal with it, if possible.

Oh! Sorry, forgot to quote what I was replying to, which was editing my white / black threshold. Thanks though! I'll make sure to pay more attention to the whole composition, rather than just what my main focus of the piece is.

Glad I could be of help.

Most reactions

Back