Minolta-35 Lens Repair Question

DuckyM35x7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I’m sure this has been asked before. My Minolta-35 lens (Chiyoko Super Rokkor 45mm f2.8 / L39 Leica mount) has a bit of mold inside. I’ve never had one apart, but I did remove and clean the front lens. Can anyone tell me the correct process for removing the other lenses? I don’t want to mess up. I’m not a smart man, but I know when to stop and ask for help. Anyone? Thank you in advance!
Howard

You mean you were able to unscrew the front cell ... yes simple part.
Hmm, I have not taken the rear elements off ... but I am guessing they just need a spanning wrench.
MSR4528_Tony_optical_design2.png

You mean you were able to unscrew the front cell ... yes simple part.
Hmm, I have not taken the rear elements off ... but I am guessing they just need a spanning wrench.
MSR4528_Tony_optical_design2.png
Thank you. I looked for slots to use one, but my eyes aren’t what they used to be😞. I’ll get my magnifying glass and look again.

Hmm, I will take a look at my 45 tomorrow ... as I don't think I tried the back of it.

Pull off the flat black light baffle ring.
The outter securing ring has two holes ... use a spanner and unscrew it. This will release the lens from the focus component.
You can then really see the back cell ... the securing ring has two notches. Warning, on mine it was really really tight.

I've seen other lens repair vids on youtube and it's quite complicated. Aligning aperture, focusing, with the countless little screws and stops. I'd not tackle it.

Most reactions

Back