Minolta 50mm F1.4 Rokkor-X Lens

MetroRuss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I am looking for a new lens to use on my A57.
Does anyone have experience with this one?

Have great day

YOu would need an apadtor to use that Rokkor lens. You can get a Minolta Maxxum 50mm f1.7 that is an a-mount for not very much and not need the adaptor.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Joe
I've read only good things about that lens you mention

Have a great weekend!!

Sent from my Tapatalk enabled device.

DiskoJoe is right, you need an adaptor. The Maxxum 50mm 1.7 or 1.4 will do you just fine. I have the 1.4 and its great, absolutely love it. The down side is, it is pricey. The 1.7 can be had for under 100 bucks on ebay and there are plenty to choose from.

Hi thanks for your info. I have started to check craigslist for 50mm 1.7's...many to choose from. Do you have any suggestions for how to test the copy for flaws? Should I bring a laptop or is my A57 screen ok to see for sharpness?

Thanks again.

Hi again,

In another thread someone pointed me to the dyxum minolta lens database and I discovered the Minolta 28mm f2 it is twice the price of the 50mm. I am looking for a lens to take shots of my kids, dog and whatever else possible. Which would you recommend? 50mm or 28mm

Thanks for your suggestions, they are all very much appreciated and welcome.

well the A57 has a crop factor of 1.5 so the 50 will be like a 75 and the 28 will be like a 42. How often do you use the 18 - 55 fully zoomed, how often d you use your 70 - 210 to take photos of your family (105 to 315). I have both a 50mm and a 28 and use both of them. Think about the pictures you already take.

Hey Steve,

Thanks for your info. I tried out a 50mm the other day and liked it lot. Even though it was just some shots in a mcdonalds. It had crisp clear lines wide open and had nice bohka as well. Now to find a better Condition copy.

What type filter do you use for your outdoor shots?

have a nice weekend!!

I don't tend to use any filters, I have this thing in my head that natural color looks best, then I get home and process the "natural" color... lol

When I do use filters though, In really sunny days I use a CPL. That's about it. I got a 49mm to 62mm ring and use all 62mm filters. For long exposure I use circular ND filters. I just recently purchased a set up for the square filter types, with some graduated filters. Haven't had the chance to play with them yet but have plans of trying them out today if the weather straightens out.

I found the 50mm to be really nice. Its my favorite lens. Im sure the newer lenses have better technology but I like the old stuff, you cant beat the price to performance ratio IMO and with my budget that's a huge plus. The color representation is great as well. Im waiting for a 35mm F2 on Ebay to have the right price so I can get one of those as well.

You have a great weekend as well.

Hello,

I bought a 50mm off of ebay.....
Ive never seen an oily blade before but I assume this is what it looks like.
$oily-blades-50mm.jpg
Is it a goner?
It over exposes and the fstops don't seem to do anything.

Ive never seen oily blades either. I looked at mine it doesn't look anything like that though. If the F stops aren't changing anything, I would assume you got a bad lens. But I am no expert. You might want to wait until another more experienced member replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back