Minolta 7000 screen???????

russellsnr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Minolta 7000 that has a tiny crack or score on the plate (i donot no what it is called) above the mirror (not the mirror itself). Can anyone tell me if this is repairable by myself as i have been quoted minimum £85 (approx $134+) by Jessops & that seems rather a lot for a small part of a camera.
Thankyou,
Russell.

Russell,

If you are talking about the focusing screen (it is about the same size as the mirror and looks like a piece of frosted plastic), you can replace it yourself. The 7000 screens are user interchangable.

The hard part will be to find a replacement screen, as they are somewhat scarce (although supposedly Jessops would be able to find one for you since they said they could repair it). The standard screen for your camera is a Minolta "Focusing Screen 70 Type G". There are also Type L (matte field with grid lines) and Type S (matte field with vertical/horizontal scales) screens that fit this camera if you can't find a Type G plain matte screen. And there is a "Focusing Screen 70/90 Type PM" with manual focusing aids (microprism and split-image) that will also fit your camera.

If you get the replacement screen in a box as it originally came from Minolta it will come with special tweezers and instructions for changing the screen. It's a pretty simple procedure.

Good luck,
Mike

I was thinking about putting a grid screen in my X7A. Is that something I could take on with this camera?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back