Minolta Maxxum 7000 sticky mirror problem

oobnuker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently scored a great Minolta Maxxum 7000 body with an original 28-85 lens as well as a 100-200, and two flashes, all original manuals, etc. in a case - at a Goodwill auction. I was really excited about the camera and went out and bought batteries and film to see if it worked. I'm torn between trying to sell it as a package or keeping it for myself to play with. I've owned several cameras over the years and love the idea and lineage of this particular camera.

There seems to be a problem with this one though - the mirror sticks in the up position after pressing the shutter release button. It happens on either lens and is only rectified by actually removing the lens and sometimes pressing the shutter release button again. I'm pretty bummed out about it. I did some quick research on Google and found that this seems to be a common problem with this camera but did not find a solution. Any thoughts? Is there a fix for this behavior or am I stuck with a bum camera?

Also - the rubberized grip seems to get an ashy coating on it that seems to reappear after cleaning - is this common and is there a solution to this as well?

Thanks for any help!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back