Minolta Maxxum 28-135mm f4-4.5

dxqcanada

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After getting the Sigma 300mm, I have gone and purchased a Minolta Maxxum 28-135mm f4-4.5 lens.

I needed a mid - long focal length zoom (I tend to do most of my shooting between 50-200mm).
I researched this lens very extensively and was impressed by the reviews.
Many believe that this lens was co-designed by Leitz for Minolta.

I think they are right.
This is the sharpest zoom lenses I have ever had on an SLR (even wide open).

Anyone with a Maxxum SLR or Sony DSLR should try to find one.

This lens is worth the money (unlike the overpriced Maxxum 135mm f2.8).

I've bought two of them and they are indeed stunning! There is a thorough comparison with a Minolta 28-70mm G lens (OK, it's say 10-15 year old design) and a new CZ 24-70mm.

Here is the linky:

artaphot.ch - Alpha 900 and four professional zooms @ 70mm

Yes, maybe the methodology is a bit flawed, BUT that doesn't take from the results as they stand.

Not bad for a 20+ year-old design with the FIRST EVER AF slr camera. I'm going to sell my second one b/c my "keeper" is in as-new condition, but even when i migrate to FF, i don't need to re-buy lenses as my "stable" is well-filled.

I'm not sure of a Leitz collaboration b/c i've not seen the Leitz equivalent range lens in their line-up. However, whats to worry? Leitz did/does not have a monopoly on excellent lens design! Use one of these lovely lenses and no doubt to the superlative design of Minolta image designers.

Incidently, the 28-135mm is also a participant in the color-tonality matching Minolta painstakingly put into all their top-shelf lenses.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't have one either, though it would be most helpful for the ocassional flare.

I think that petal-hood would do the job nicely though, but i've no experience with it...

Have you checked out dyxum.com?

Here is a link to that site's reviews (i've not posted my review yet, but there are like 60 others!)

Minolta AF 28-135 F4-4.5 Reviews at Dyxum.com

I post there as fmajor...

Enjoy your new glass!

I read all the reviews on that site before I purchased the lens ... and was one of the reasons I went for it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back