Minolta x-700 age?

Nikkoyume

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi! I'm new here! And had my x-700 giving to me about 6months ago and it's working great, such a fun camera to use.
I would like to know how old it is though (would be my soul mate if we were the same age:allteeth:)
I've read that the serial numbers don't particularly correlate with manufacturing date or location and that they were in production from 1981 - 1999(i think?)
I wondered about contacting Minolta directly to ask only to find they no longer have anything to do with cameras :apologetic:
I've narrowed it down to the first 10years (1981-1991) but im not confident enough to say so for sure.
So I've been stalking this forum for a few days now and wondered if any of you camera Gods have an idea or the knowledge as to how I can narrow it down to maybe a 2/3year window if not an exact year?

Serial number 19XXXXX
It has the gold oval pass sticker on the left and it has japan under minolta camera co ltd in the iso box on the back.

Thank you!!
Nikko

Hmm, I have never heard of anyone documenting the X-700 serial numbers ... so you may be out of luck.

Most reactions

Back