Minolta X-700 Problem

Joseph Ardent

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everybody, my name is Joseph. I'm new to this forum site so if this the wrong place to ask this type of question, please let me know.

I recently bought a Minolta X-700 on eBay, and it seems to be in good physical condition. However, the LED display in the viewfinder doesn't light up (I actually didn't know that it was supposed to until exploring this forum among others for help), and the shutter does not release most of the time when I try to take a picture (it does work randomly).

I've put new batteries in and the problem still persists. If anyone is familiar with the X-700 series, does this sound like a problem with the capacitor? I've heard that X-700's often have capacitors go bad. I got it for a fair price, so I'd like to fix it if it's not too expensive.

Thank you for your help.

Yes, it could very well be the capacitors. They can operate intermittently before failing completely. The X700 has two of them that are prone to fail. One under the top cover and one under the bottom plate. It may be only one that is the problem but it's best to replace both.

Most reactions

Back