Minolta XG-1 Main Switch Pproblem

Ken in Texas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Minolta XG-1 main switch problem. Battery Check works. Wnen released switch returns to ON. The problem is it won't hold in ON position. A video I watched showed a ball and spring under the switch to hold positions selected. My metal top has no hole for a ball and spring. Serial # is 7220841 . Someone who has a Minolta XG-i like mine made without the ball and spring to hold switch position seleted could help. I'm ready anytime to start using our old Minolta we bought new in the 70s or 80s again. Thanks in advance. Ken in Texas

I have an XG-A in my collection which has the same switch - SELF TIMER/OFF/ON/B.C. I've never used it - it was recently given to me. As you describe, moving the switch to B.C. activates the battery check and when released it returns to ON. On my camera you can move the switch from ON to OFF and SELF TIMER, all of which work appropriately. The switch stays where you put it (except B.C) but it does not click into place as I would expect. I don't know if this was the way it was designed or if there is something broken beneath the switch. You say it doesn't hold the ON position - where does it go?

I have an XG-A in my collection which has the same switch - SELF TIMER/OFF/ON/B.C. I've never used it - it was recently given to me. As you describe, moving the switch to B.C. activates the battery check and when released it returns to ON. On my camera you can move the switch from ON to OFF and SELF TIMER, all of which work appropriately. The switch stays where you put it (except B.C) but it does not click into place as I would expect. I don't know if this was the way it was designed or if there is something broken beneath the switch. You say it doesn't hold the ON position - where does it go?
Tim
Hi! My camera does not have a ball and spring to hold switch in place. Top piece has no hole in metal top under black ring to put a ball and spring. Steel Ball holds switch in place in ON and OFF positions In the Minolta Disassembly Video

Most reactions

New Topics

Back