minor problem

lakers808

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i have a nikon d40 with standard lens 18-55mm lens.. and i just bought a uv filter thats 52mm lens.. it fits but looks like it doesnt close well .. i mean its perfect fit but when i look at it looks like there a little opening .. do i have to keep on taking out the uv filter then put the lens cap back on everytime i use it .. or it doenst make a differnce?

No, you can keep the UV filter on. Does the lens cap stay on well enough? If it does, don't worry about it. If it falls off easily find a better fitting one.

looks fine ... i cant tell the differnce when i take a pic with the lens on and off

You mean with the UV filter on or off?

They are really not needed.

no i mean when i take a pic with the uv filter on.. then when i take itoff and take another pic i cant tell the difference

That's what I thought.
The UV "filter" is basically just for protection. If you are careful with your lens, you just don't need it. It won't help image quality, and if it's cheap, it may actually reduce it. A lot of people prefer lens hoods over a UV filter.

yea it was cheap .. i thought would look differnt and better quality if i had it on .. btw is it possible to put lens hood a uv filter and the lens cap all at once?.. can i have your opinoin on that one ?

You can use both, but why?
My opinion, if you have the lens hood, use it, forget the UV "filter".

Most reactions

Back