bulldurham

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found on my afternoon walk...afraid it would be in the dumpster come morning, so I took the shot as is. D850, f/7.1, ISO 200, 1/1000

pole-77-2.jpg

tree-77-2.jpg

There is a disconnection ... to me there does not seem a "point" to the totality of the image.

I looked at it as an altered reality, a reflection of the day isolated from its normal environment much like we all are as a part of this pandemic, thus "disconnected" from our own "normal." My mind's eye saw what you did not...thus my point escaped your eye...photography is such an interesting medium in that five people can shoot the exact same spot and you'll get five completely different images, each unique to the shooter's vision.

Thanks for your feedback because at some point in my shooting, I will have to see if there is a way to shoot a similar image with more of a connection.

I like the idea, but these don't really work for me. The best way I can describe it is that the composition feels claustrophobic. The portrait orientation of the mirror being centered in the portrait oriented frame feels "off" and crowded. I think that maybe the vertical orientation of the mirror would have more room to breath if it were off-center in a landscape shot. This might have provided more context to the image and would have been more interesting visually.

That's a possibility...if the mirror is still there, I will give it a go.

I like the surreal effect of the mirror image scene in an unusual setting, but would like to see more of the surroundings to have more context.

The reflection of the tree, grass, countryside would contrast well with an industrial look to the surroundings beyond the mirror, so I'd like a bit more of the area around the mirror.

Most reactions

Back