Munky
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Apr 25, 2009
- Messages
- 356
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Minneapolis, MN
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
lol i mena i know a good 500mm lens goses for $1k
but some times cheap alternatives "work" i just wanted to see if anyone heres has one...cuz i've seen really good photos with those mirror ones....
I've seen samples from these. They are horrific. Their technical quality is so poor, I wouldn't even consider these limitations artistic.The Phoenix and Opteka 500mm telephotos are manual, notoriously slow and known for inconsistant quality but, they are through and through telephotos made for every concievable SLR mount. They can be found new for around $120 (USD).
I've seen samples from these. They are horrific. Their technical quality is so poor, I wouldn't even consider these limitations artistic.The Phoenix and Opteka 500mm telephotos are manual, notoriously slow and known for inconsistant quality but, they are through and through telephotos made for every concievable SLR mount. They can be found new for around $120 (USD).
Do yourself a favour by finding what it is you really want, waiting for the right deal and jumping on it. Don't waste your money on these garbage lenses. If what you want is reach on a budget, Sigma has a number of XX-500mm and XXX-500mm lenses.
Based on the samples I've seen, I have to disagree.I never said they where good, just better than the crap you get from mirror lenses.