Mirror Mirror

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I spotted this beautiful great egret at a favorite water hole.

12312478-studio.jpg

Last edited:
Nice...................................................

Very nice shot.....
Thanks Jeff.

Nice...................................................
Thanks Scott.

Nice shot! Is it just me, or is it just a bit off the vertical axis?
Thanks Jeff. It's not just you, I noticed it when cropping but when I leveled it, it chopped off the top of it's head in the reflection. So, I decided I would rather it be leaning a bit rather than ruin the reflection.

Last edited:
Without a doubt, that is one of your best images Kirk- lovely control of the whites and the focus is tack sharp

Les :)

That is a great egret shot Kirk. I love how the reflection appears behind the vegetation in the water.

So, I decided I would rather it be leaning a bit rather than ruin the reflection.
Just curiosity (certainly not criticism) but is my sense of where vertical is that far wrong?
Judging based on horizontal water, it looks to me like the bird actually was leaning for real and the bird's lean in the picture would be increased by correcting for true vertical.

Good whites control. If you have some more room at the bottom of the frame, it would help direct more focus on the reflection.

Without a doubt, that is one of your best images Kirk- lovely control of the whites and the focus is tack sharp

Les :)
Thank you very much, Lez. when I hear something like that I know I'm on the right track.

That is a great egret shot Kirk. I love how the reflection appears behind the vegetation in the water.
Thanks, Pete, I really appreciate that and I liked that about it also, the vegetation broke it up a bit, creating a little more sense of depth.

Just curiosity (certainly not criticism) but is my sense of where vertical is that far wrong?
Judging based on horizontal water, it looks to me like the bird actually was leaning for real and the bird's lean in the picture would be increased by correcting for true vertical.
You're not wrong, the bird was definitely leaning forward to get a good look at a fish and get closer to catch it. It's hard to tell what level is sometimes when different ripples are not horizontally the same but most seem to be slanted a little to the left and the foliage on the water is as well. Thanks for pointing that out, though.

Good whites control. If you have some more room at the bottom of the frame, it would help direct more focus on the reflection.
I totally agree with that but unfortunately that's all there was. When I tilted it to the right to level it it took off the top of it's head in the reflection.

Nice shot.

gorgeous

Most reactions

Back