Miscellaneous from first black&white try

Pax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is a picture from my first try at black-and-white photography, taken with my Konica Minolta DiMAGE Xg.
f3ffbf4b.jpg

97814898.jpg

f3ffc032.jpg

What do you think about it? Is it any good? Boring? Too simple? Too "flat"? Thank you for any ideas.

Hi Pax, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
First remark on your photos put up in THIS section is: there are too many. This is the Critique Section where you want to get some serious critique on your photo, and therefore it is advisable to send in only one at a time - unless it is various attempts at the same scene. See?
So if you want to send in many photos for a general feedback, then the Photo Gallery is the place to send them to.

Hey, thanks LaFoto, I see. I'm sorry for putting up too many. I'll edit my post and leave the one picture that I especially want feedback on. I'll also remember this rule for the future. Thanks again. :)

It is kind of interesting but I think it could definatly benifit from a boost in contrast. I don't think it looks flat at all the DOF makes the subject stand out from the background nicely. I also think it is composed well. Great first attempt.

Did you hand hold this or use a tripod? It looks a little soft. And a boost in contrast is needed as stated.

Thank you for your input! I kind of felt something was not quite right but didn't quite know what exactly. It's contrast, I absolutely agree. I toyed around with PhotoStudio to add contrast, now I already like it better. I hope I didn't go over the top with contrast, though.

97820802.jpg

What do you think of it now?

KevinR, I hand held it. Maybe that's why it came out so soft?

there ya go, much better and too bad for hand held. great first attempt Pax!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back