Hello from Deep in the Heart(-ish) of Texas

DuckyM35x7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey Y’all! My name is Howard, and I’m from a small town between Dallas and Houston. Was into photography about 40 years ago, and decided to take it up again as a hobby. Instead of all this new stuff, I’m going back to my roots; not that I have anything against new techniques/products, but there’s just something about the old familiar. I don’t have fancy equipment, just an old Minolta black XG-7 that I wore a bit of the finish off of, and a Minolta-35 Model II (a). Plan on sticking with black and white. Keep it simple and classy. What are your thoughts?

Welcome from Richmond Tx. I started with a Canon AE-1 and although mostly digital, I still shoot Kodak Tri-X 400 in my Mimaya 645, process it myself, then scan it in for post processing. It’s much too hot and humid to shoot outdoors right now, so I’m looking forward September and getting back into the State Parks for nature and wildlife. Enjoy the forum.

Hi welcome from hayling island yep uk
I started in film and even though I use digital I still use a lot of the old skills rather than rely on the camera

Welcome from Richmond Tx. I started with a Canon AE-1 and although mostly digital, I still shoot Kodak Tri-X 400 in my Mimaya 645, process it myself, then scan it in for post processing. It’s much too hot and humid to shoot outdoors right now, so I’m looking forward September and getting back into the State Parks for nature and wildlife. Enjoy the forum.
Or January, February…whenever it starts to finally cool off!🤨

Welcome to TPF, Howard! We have a lot of film/analog enthusiasts here, so you're in good company.

I hope you check out our Photo Galleries and post your work for us. Enjoy the forum!

Or January, February…whenever it starts to finally cool off!🤨
My favorite times of the year here in SE Tx are the spring and fall bird migration. Best times to get to the Galveston Gulf Coast, Anwar, High Island, Brazos Bend State Park, ... My understanding though is somewhere near College Station, then further North, the weather changes.

Most reactions

Back