What's new

mish mash

nabero

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
869
Reaction score
3
Location
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry about the relative randonmess of these images...I've been scanning through pictures from my trip...looking for comments, critiques, thoughts about editing...anything :sillysmi:

#1
gelateriaju2.jpg


#2
n12301135307490076315uu7.jpg


#3
n12301135311991679278py6.jpg

(how difficult do you think it would be to edit out the wire??)

#4
n12301135311993717593be0.jpg


#5
n12301135307670703138vt3.jpg


#6
n12301135301319193767pe3.jpg



#7
n12301135311993142338jy7.jpg


cheers!
 
LOVE #2 and #6!

I don't know how hard it would be to edit out the wire, but I know I'm nowhere near good enough to do it....
 
#2 and 3 work the best for me. The rest are ok, but nothing close to 2 & 3....
 
Thanks for your comments, glad some of them worked for you!

In #2 I was considering editing out the skylight/bubble thing on top of the roof for the sake of clean lines--any thoughts?

Cheers :sillysmi:
 
2,3,4 also are my faves
 
These make me wonder where it was you had travelled to. You may have told us before but if so then I must have overlooked the information. But some views look kind of familiar ... not in so far as I would recognise the place, but they feel familiar. Mostly so 2 and 7.

I also like Photo 3 very much but the little flower balconies with their wrought iron railings look more "southern" to me than Photo 2 does, for example, so I would guess "Italy" for those (as I would for Photo 5, either Italy or any other country on the Mediterranean Sea).
 
2 and 3 are my favorites. Wherever this is, it looks like it was warm. For 2, I see why you'd want to edit out the bubble. I probably would, for the sake of clean lines, as you say. I would try changing the white balance in that one too; it looks a little bluish. I know the building is blue and the sky is blue, but the yellow could use a little punch. For 3, the wire wouldn't be hard to get rid of with the clone and healing tools, but it would be tedious. Maybe someone here has a better way?
 
These make me wonder where it was you had travelled to. You may have told us before but if so then I must have overlooked the information. But some views look kind of familiar ... not in so far as I would recognise the place, but they feel familiar. Mostly so 2 and 7.

I also like Photo 3 very much but the little flower balconies with their wrought iron railings look more "southern" to me than Photo 2 does, for example, so I would guess "Italy" for those (as I would for Photo 5, either Italy or any other country on the Mediterranean Sea).


Thanks for your comments! I guess I should have said where I travelled :) I didn't say that these photos aren't all from the same place.

This past spring I wa studing German in Salzburg, Austria and had the oppurtunity to travel on the weekends. 1, 3, and 5 are from Trieste, Italy (you were right about the Mediterranean :) ). #4 is from the library in Stift Melk (Melk, Austria) #2 is a building in the neighboorhood that I lived in in Salzburg, and #7 is in a hostel in Cork, Ireland. 6 is a shot I took about 3 years ago in Maine.

Hope this answers the geographical confusion :sillysmi:
 
Yay ! Home # 2 !
By any chance is that one of the places on Washington street leading onto Western road ?

Small world eh ?

Small world :sillysmi: Cork was beautiful...wonderful place to meander and fall asleep in the grass...which I did a lot (along the bike path and in this great little park). The picture is actually taken in Shelia's Hostel (big blue building at the top of a good sized hill)...it's on Wellington Road...[*shameless plug*: Shelia's Hostel was wonderful and I absolutely recommend it if you're going to be in Cork ;)]
 
Hey, I took your "challenge" of editing out that wire just to show that it could be done... I hope you don't mind. I liked the picture and thought it would be really cool without the wire. Here's the result, at least as good as I could get it. Probably could be better with more time.

n12301135311991679278py6after.jpg
 
I don't mind at all!! I'm so excited that you tried it out! (and that it worked!) I think it looks great...What program and method did you use?


Thank you malignite! :sillysmi:
 
I used Photoshop CS2. I cloned it out very slowly, the plant was probably the hardest part... I like doing stuff like that anyway. Oh by the way, the shot of those books has me inspired enough to plan a trip to a library quite soon. The feather is great as well! Good stuff.
 
3 , 4 and 6 are special.

with 3 and 4 being classics composition wise, with 6 i am not sure if i like the framing, but the scene in itself is certainly nice!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom