Miss Isabella - 9mo portraits

Ajay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm in Tampa for about week and finally got the chance to spend some time with some college friends and their 9mo old daughter, Isabella. She is one of the happiest babies I've ever been around.

The sky was nicely overcast and I got some of the best SOOC images ever that day. I also feel like I really got her eyes sharp in almost all of the shots I took of her, which is something I've been struggling with lately. These have some pp done to them - mainly curves, levels, and some dodging/sharpening on certain areas. One of the things I'd love some feedback on is if the pp still looks natural. I do like quite a bit of contrast but hopefully I didnt over do it. Thanks for looking!

1-
DSC_0005.jpg

2-
DSC_0026-1.jpg

3-
DSC_0031copy.jpg

4-
DSC_0028-1.jpg

5- I wish I hadn't lost her hands in this one...
DSC_0041.jpg

modify_inline.gif

Wow.
These are amazing, i especially love number three. There's something about the eyes that make it so- I don't know how to describe it. These are positively brilliant. I wish I had more to say, but I really don't. Good job on these!

Very good, Ajay. Isn't it wonderful when you get such awesome shots SOOC. I love overcast days. Your exposure seems very good and the sharpness was captured.

1 is the best IMO, followed by 3 and 4. 2 is really awkward in her posture.

Maybe some vingetting for a few of these, like the close ups, and some high contrast b&w's would be cool too. If you do, make sure to post them, I'd love to see!!

Oh, these are fantastic! You nailed it. The crispness of the eyes is amazing. Just really nice work. I agree with Kelly that the posture in #2 is slightly awkward. #1 and #3 are my favorites.

Thank you all very much! It's so nice to feel like I'm improving.

Kelly - I do plan on doing some black and whites from this session. I'll try to remember to post some.

I can see where #2 seems a bit awkward. I guess I liked it because she has just started standing on her own and she is so close to taking a step. She was just about to fall down to her knees on this one. Just a cute shot to document her abilities at this point in time.

Thanks again!

Haha, These are GREAT!

Thank you Jimmy and Emerana. :)

Very nice... I like the Lighting and the Color Everything in the pictures are just very well contrasted and colored. nice job

You totally nailed focus. I love 4 & 5 (this is my fav pose for baby girls!)

Most reactions

Back