Miss my Gear!

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Well I sort of gave up the photography thing for a while there, sold all my gear etc (stuck for cash and had to take drastic action :lol: among other reasons)

Whenever I've needed to take a photo I've been using my Iphone and it's pathetic :thumbdown: so so so so bad. It's like going back in time when digital cameras just came out.

Feeling the need for anything photography I even developed 2 rolls of FP4 that I used in my little FED4 today, and it felt good. The negs look ok but my scanner packed in so I can't even get a proper look. :lol:

Anyway I'm coming back but I'm not going near digital (at the exposure stage ). Plan on buying an F100 & an F5 and just have fun with both B&W and Colour. Might even get properly into the whole darkroom thing rather than just developing the negs.

Sorry, lol, just a rant & a rave post - we're all allowed one right? ;)

Well I sort of gave up the photography thing for a while there, sold all my gear etc (stuck for cash and had to take drastic action :lol: among other reasons)

don't you have children, other halves, siblings, parents, house, car, table, carpet that you could have sold instead! :lmao:
your mad!!

Least your getting back into things - be good to see your work again :)
now sell something (your socks if you have to) and get that scanner fixed ;)

remember, once you get into photography, there's no going back lol

Awww.... :( that's too bad.... I couldn't imagine selling the things I have right now. But at least you got something to take photos with, better than nothing!

i haven't got one myself, but i have seen some fairly decent street photography done with the iphone

The iPhone seems to be 'ok' in daylight.. I've only really used it in low light conditions which it really struggles with.

Here's a quick snap (and I mean a snap) in daylight:

b4le_side.jpg

And a snap in the shed (cleaned up a little in PS)
b4le_d4_02.jpg

I would have just expected better considering what most phones are capable of nowadays. Doubt i'll be using the iPhone for street photography.. it's like a fashion accessory I'd rather be seen without.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back