Missing a few Teef ;)

Aayria

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Trying things a bit differently yesterday really helped me think about the way I utilize light in my shots. I tried taking what I learned, and applying it to a few snaps of my son this morning.. I feel like these were sharper than some of the others I've put up, anybody have thoughts to add? Thanks as always! :)

Oh.. and on a side note, yes he's missing a ton of teeth LOL... I'm hoping sometime before he's 30 his new ones will grow in :lol:

1)

Aaron-4.jpg

2)

Aaron-3.jpg

3)

Aaron-2.jpg

4)

4)

Aaron-1.jpg

Not bad at all, very sharp lens, beautiful eyes, good shots :thumbup:

In all, any of his skin camera left is really red. It looks odd compared to the side lit by the window light coming from camera right.

In #3 the DOF is pretty shallow and the blurry far eye looks strange, almost like it's a physical defect instead of a camera induced effect.

Great expressons in #1 and #4. The eyes are a little OTT in #4 and can use a little help in #1.

The composition is nicely done in all 4.

Be careful with shallow DOF. When the facial mask is nearly perpendicular with the image sensor, it doesn't work so good.

In all, any of his skin camera left is really red. It looks odd compared to the side lit by the window light coming from camera right.

In #3 the DOF is pretty shallow and the blurry far eye looks strange, almost like it's a physical defect instead of a camera induced effect.

Great expressons in #1 and #4. The eyes are a little OTT in #4 and can use a little help in #1.

The composition is nicely done in all 4.

Be careful with shallow DOF. When the facial mask is nearly perpendicular with the image sensor, it doesn't work so good.

Thanks, as always, KmH! :)

I may have boosted the reds a bit too much in lightroom... I thought it was making his cheeks nice and rosey, (which they are in real life already) but it does seem a little off with the rest of his skin tone. I was trying to avoid too much post processing to avoid unnatural looking skin, but do you think it would be beneficial for these to open them up in gimp and heal the skin a bit?

I was also the most disappointed with number three.. I've been trying to get a good balance of shallow DOF for the background while still getting my subject in enough focus, which I think I was doing better for most of this with.. Except number three. I need to be less afraid of boosting my ISO indoors instead of automatically opening up my aperture to compensate for lower light.

Thanks for the compliment about composition! I feel like this has been my strongest point so far with photography in general.. but it's all a matter of actually executing what I envision with the correct technique.. That's the tricky part:lol:

great catch light in no 3. great shots

Did a bit more editing to #1 and #4... Is this better?
Maria_003.jpg

Maria_004.jpg

Priority #1 is always the subject, the focus of the backgound is a secondary issue.

I would only spot heal the red spot on his forehead and the one on his right cheek.

Priority #1 is always the subject, the focus of the backgound is a secondary issue.

I would only spot heal the red spot on his forehead and the one on his right cheek.

I know I know, but the blurry background is so pertttyyyyyy :lol:

Thanks for the sage advice, KmH.. I think I will make your first sentence my mantra for a while :blushing:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back