Missing limbs?

toastydeath

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone have any tricks (read: made the mistake) of taking a picture where a person legitimately appears to be an amputee?

I need to this effect with legs at the knee for one shot, and a hand at the wrist (if possible) for another. I was thinking about just folding a leg back, but that limits the angle. I'm hoping someone has some more advanced tricks, or even just specific suggestions about folding the limb back.

I failed finding real amputees that would fit my needs, but I did look.

Suggestions?

You could always just cut said limbs off...but you have to be careful because if you make a mistake you'll ruin the shot.

Maybe you could cut a hole in a surface (like a table) and put your vic, I mean subject's, hand through that.

Whatever you do, be sure to show us the outcome.

I'm curious as to why you need to do that, but anyway, I guess post production in a photo munipulaiton program would work well.

It's for a graphic photoshoot. The end result won't be posted/linked here as per forum rules, unfortunately.

Postprocessing is out. It has to be done in real life (which is why I looked for a real amputee).

This affect would be easy to do if you could use post processing. You'd just need to take the same shot twice... once with the person and once without, stack the layers then erase the leg.

To do it straight out of the camera I would think you'd need to pull the limb back and then maybe have some cut up clothing hanging down where it should be just to hide the bend.

That's tough... good luck.

Just for clarity, I can't use post processing because there's going to be gore involved, and I can't erase the leg because that'll remove the effect. I'm not a fan of heavy editing, and thus don't have the skill necessary to splice multiple images together.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back