Mixed Bag of Shots - for C & C

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple of photos from two recent outings. I tend to like to dial up the contrast, but is it too much, you think? I still haven't pulled the trigger on a dSLR, which is frustrating the hell out of me. My Panasonic p & s will have to do until next spring. Anyway, any comments would be appreciated, as usual.

DistilleryDistrict-0232EDIT.jpg

Zombies-165EDIT.jpg

DistilleryDistrict-0476EDIT.jpg

DistilleryDistrict-0332EDIT.jpg

HDR_RV_EDIT2.jpg

Zombies-105EDIT.jpg

I like #2 a lot. I was going to say maybe saturate the colors a bit, but I like the industrial look. 4 & 5 I also like, the rest don't do much for me, kind of feel like snapshots.

#1 is underexposed.

#2 and #4 are my favorites. The litter on the ground in #2 is distracting, but it adds a nice subliminal message to the photo. #4 is a little bland overall but the reflection of the sky in the barrel really does it for me. It looks like the barrel is filled with mercury the way the reflection looks like a mirror. Maybe I just like reflections?

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Ecnal: I was also wondering if #1 was under exposed. I played with it, but when I pumped up the exposure I lost too much of the shadows.

I like photos 2 and 5. The compositions on your photos are nice. I especially like the composition of photo 4. The angle you've got works pretty well.

Most reactions

Back