Mixed Bag (warning: 8 photos)

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
(Actually 9 photos, but can't edit the title!)

Yet another collection of assorted images, all shot in or near Morden, Roland, or Brunkild (Manitoba).

Many of these photos feature a little or a lot of digital manipulation (I'm starting to learn Photoshop these days, as it probably shows). Some probably work, some others don't...

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
The Last one is great!

Great series. #1 is my favorite - the composition, the dramatic sky, the contrast. I also like the color and simplicity of #8.

Watch your sharpening (I'm guessing that's what it is from) on #2 because it looks like there is some haloing above the treeline. It's playing tricks with my eyes.

Watch your sharpening (I'm guessing that's what it is from) on #2 because it looks like there is some haloing above the treeline. It's playing tricks with my eyes.
This is actually an amazing piece of advice. I thought that the halos were the result of darkening the highlights. I'll keep the sharpening in check in the future.

Thanks everybody for your comments!

This is actually an amazing piece of advice. I thought that the halos were the result of darkening the highlights. I'll keep the sharpening in check in the future.

Thanks everybody for your comments!

I think that's what's causing it because I think I've noticed them when messing around myself. A good way to check is to just move the sliders all the way to the right in the preview and you should be able to see when they start to appear.

REally nice stuff!! You have a nice style going . I'm strongly drawn to 1, 8 and 9. Only thing with 1 is that the sky looks... something... to me. Perhaps not enough tonal range, or contrast. 8 is fabulous.. just love it!

Hey vis... Nice series. I liked 1, 8 was really creative and I thought 9 was just amazing. One thing bothering me though is that they almost ALL have a yellowish cast to them... I can't recall... you may be the guy who likes to do this deliberately... if so, ignore me... if not... stop it! :lol:

EDIT: Actually the yellow cast in 9 is a cool effect with the yellow truck.

REally nice stuff!! You have a nice style going . I'm strongly drawn to 1, 8 and 9. Only thing with 1 is that the sky looks... something... to me. Perhaps not enough tonal range, or contrast. 8 is fabulous.. just love it!
Thanks for the kind comments, Kelly. I think you got a point regarding the sky. I might try and tweak the image a bit.

Hey vis... Nice series. I liked 1, 8 was really creative and I thought 9 was just amazing. One thing bothering me though is that they almost ALL have a yellowish cast to them... I can't recall... you may be the guy who likes to do this deliberately... if so, ignore me... if not... stop it! :lol:

EDIT: Actually the yellow cast in 9 is a cool effect with the yellow truck.
Hey man, thanks for the kind comments as usual. I am indeed the one who chatted with you about the yellow cast some time ago, but it was one specific case in which I had processed an image that way. I personally don't see the cast here, but then again my eye might not be trained that well yet. I'd like to point out, however, that the majority of these images were shot during the golden hour, which might (or might not) explain the yellowish tones you're seeing.

Your colouring is fantastic. I love the first one, did you use an ND grad for that?
Thanks! No, the only filter I have for now is a UV...

1 and 8 are definitely the winners.

7,9,1,3 in that order for me.
I do like the wall with "stop Painting" on it. has a nice humor to it.

I do like the wall with "stop Painting" on it. has a nice humor to it.
Well, the "Stop Painting" picture was just a throw-in :) That wall really made me giggle when I saw it, especially because the writing seems to be working so far for the author. Since this was in a very narrow corridor and I was testing a wide-angle lens when I saw it, I fired one.

Thanks again for looking and for your comments!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back