modern art.....????hmmm

peanut170

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
newyork454.jpg

found these beauties in lower manhatten.

Now if we weren't all that mature... ...

Have to admit, modern art is a concept lost on my however - never understood the "beauty" behind things that honestly; could be lying around a junk yard for all I know :lol:

BUT - I do like the capture you made. The framing is nicely done, great composition. :thumbup:

"One man's junk is another man's treasure"

Similar to; not one person really sees the same color red or green or blue as another.

How true, how true :lol:
But as I said, I like the picture :thumbup:

Im so happy that someone had another similiarity other than boobs. :)

Yeah, we are just soo mature to find other similarities ;)
Could be two apples portraied in a different angle (the smaller blobs being the stem)....who knows

Have to admit, modern art is a concept lost on my however - never understood the "beauty" behind things that honestly; could be lying around a junk yard for all I know
That's kind of the point. Modern art is about intent and not necessarily about aesthetics. And the sculpture is art in the most basic sense -- repetition of shape.

Hmm, that is an interesting way to look at it...gonna have to try that approach

Those things belong in Chicago's Grant Park, where they have a chrome "bean" and now a huge plastic "eyeball". Never understood the appeal.

Last edited:
Im so happy that someone had another similiarity other than boobs. :)

Boobs were the first thing I saw... but as my work day progresses, I'm also starting to see a plastic sword through them and a big martini glass.

Similar to; not one person really sees the same color red or green or blue as another.

My comment was not meant to be derogatory, just a simple statement.

....Have to admit, modern art is a concept lost on my however - never understood the "beauty" behind things that honestly; could be lying around a junk yard for all I know....
Then study art.

If you go back to the beginning, and then work your way through its evolution to present day, it all gets quite clear.

Art is not really intended to be synonymous with "beauty". Art is a way to communicate.

Pick up a $10 used copy of the following book. The book can also help your photography, if you grasp the concepts presented in the book and understand the message the artists were conveying in their works.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Living-Art-Mark-Getlein/dp/0073190764/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278442813&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Living with Art (9780073190761): Mark Getlein: Books[/ame]

Most reactions

Back