Mods posting

wildmaven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
wildmaven.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've noticed many instances where mods are posting in a thread which is in the wrong category. For example, there was a thread in the professional gallery that didn't include any images, yet 2 mods posted in it and it remained there for 3 more days before someone finally moved it to the proper category. When people see mods posting, they assume that those kinds of threads are now allowed, which causes even more posting in the wrong place.

still i do not want to be a mod.

i am not even a subscriber since i cannot find a subscribe button :lmao:

Sometimes things slip through the cracks...many times I may not even look to see what section a thread is in.

Mods are human too and can miss stuff. Thats why Im not a mod....Im not human. :lmao::lmao::lmao:...and the BAN button is not big enough.

Wait, are you saying there are humans on this forum? :shock:

:albino:

Sometimes things slip through the cracks...many times I may not even look to see what section a thread is in.

I too often don't look closely at settions or forget what section I'm in, It happens.

Wait, are you saying there are humans on this forum? :shock:

:albino:

Not me I'm a bot

We basically are moderators, as in "to moderate", not necessarily forum cleaners. I know I personally spend quite some time on decluttering and generally cleaning up the forums, but it is a tedious task, and I may not always have the time to follow up things. And when I look through threads via the "New Posts" button, it happens I don't realise what specific forum I am in.

And believe me: I sometimes quite enjoy to also be visiting the forums as member, just to ENJOY being on TPF...

We basically are moderators, as in "to moderate", not necessarily forum cleaners. I know I personally spend quite some time on decluttering and generally cleaning up the forums, but it is a tedious task, and I may not always have the time to follow up things. And when I look through threads via the "New Posts" button, it happens I don't realise what specific forum I am in.

And believe me: I sometimes quite enjoy to also be visiting the forums as member, just to ENJOY being on TPF...

you mean, you probably also are not even payed for your work here? :confused:

you mean, you probably also are not even payed for your work here? :confused:

"paid" ??????? :scratch: ---> never heard of that! :shock: There is something like "being paid" for the thing one does????????????????? :confused:

CHASE??? :grumpy:

:wink::lol:

"paid" ??????? :scratch: ---> never heard of that! :shock: There is something like "being paid" for the thing one does????????????????? :confused:

CHASE??? :grumpy:

:wink::lol:

I seem to remember that LP is paid alot (strange spelling on my side sometimes :lmao: .. I like it the olde way) for every bit of spam he removes.

Somehow I knew this would turn into another "I'm not just a mod, I'm a member" discussion. I see it happen every time a member makes a suggestion pertaining to a mod on every forum I frequent. It's the universal "oops, I made a boo-boo" excuse.

Excuse me while I go post in the wrong category now... :p

Most reactions

Back