Mojave Aster

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From my trip to the Alabama Hills in Lone Pine, California about two weeks ago.

Last edited:
Great as usual! What kind of wide angle lens did you use?

(BTW, where's your "Helens" signature?)

Great as usual! What kind of wide angle lens did you use?

(BTW, where's your "Helens" signature?)

Thank you. Signatures change automatically. 10-20mm.

I can see where you masked the top part but other than that I like the comp as usual.

Yeah, I did a fast edit for a friend to see on a desert forum. We're having an Aster war.

I love composing, but shooting in broad daylight kind of wrecks it for me. Crappy weather, early morning or late afternoon. I'm more into it when everyone's eating or seeking shelter.

I love composing, but shooting in broad daylight kind of wrecks it for me. Crappy weather, early morning or late afternoon. I'm more into it when everyone's eating or seeking shelter.

You should hang out with Ken Rockwell, cause everyone else would be eating, and you'd be the only two taking photos. Just playing! Obviously I like the guy, or I wouldn't have read his website to know that he feels almost the same way about lighting as you do.

Once again, wow. Dare I say it, I probably find your photos the most intriguing. I don't want to say you're the best exclusively on this board (cause that's unfair to other people here), but you're definitely in a tie for first if anything.

Another gorgeous shot, abraxas!! That splash of colour in the foreground really adds a nice element of depth

Nice shot. The colour gives it punch, and the background gives the plant context.

Regards, Tony

Beautiful result from your "Aster War"! The aster are really a fine contrast to the rocky terrain in the background.

You should hang out with Ken Rockwell, cause everyone else would be eating, and you'd be the only two taking photos. Just playing! Obviously I like the guy, or I wouldn't have read his website to know that he feels almost the same way about lighting as you do.

Once again, wow. Dare I say it, I probably find your photos the most intriguing. I don't want to say you're the best exclusively on this board (cause that's unfair to other people here), but you're definitely in a tie for first if anything.

There's more than a few of us that are choosey about lighting if we can be. We don't hang out together though because then everybody would be there. :)

Another gorgeous shot, abraxas!! That splash of colour in the foreground really adds a nice element of depth

Thanks Anty. I'm afraid I'm reaching what appears to be an impasse. I know I'll work my way around it, but everything is looking the same to me. I should have taken more time with the editing, but after I got into it I thought of this shot:

400-j0144.jpg

At the time I thought the two shots were the same. I can see now they aren't, but I got turned as if they were. I should have waited and taken my time. Oh no, I was tired and wanted to go home!

It's a fine shot, and when I get back from my trip next week I'll spend some quality time with it. Frustrating because I'm learning I need to choose my battle grounds more carefully--Also because this trip will be more of the same rushing about, scouting the area for a future, longer trip.

lovely composition and nice job for the time of day.

Thanks Roger.

Nice shot. The colour gives it punch, and the background gives the plant context.

Regards, Tony

Thank you Tony.

Beautiful result from your "Aster War"! The aster are really a fine contrast to the rocky terrain in the background.

Thanks Laurence.

--

After staying away from the shot a week or so, it's not as horrible and goofy as I initially percieved it. The image does deserve a bit better processing effort. Just feeling a bit out of sync.

Shot in the OP is awsome. Not just from a perspective and composition point of view, but also because you have shot into the sun, yet exposed perfectly so as to capture all the detail necessary. Cracking stuff :)

Thanks Woodsy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back