Mom made muffins

FreshFromTheGrave

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stevenolver.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I took a photo. Then ate one. They were quite tasty :) It's been a crazy, stormy weekend in Cape Town: thunder, bucket loads of hail, pouring rain, gale force winds and so forth so there was no way in heck I was taking my new 'baby' outside. So this is all I have to show for the weekend :p Quite noobish, be nice.

Mom made muffins by FreshFromTheGrave, on Flickr

So from my own perspective what I could have done is: give more space at the bottom of the frame to keep the focus somewhere closer to middle. I think focusing so low in the frame is a bit problematic but the 18-55 wouldn't have given enough blur if I'd focused on the middle row of muffins. The contrast is a bit too much but I'm ok with the red in this instance since it gives a sense of warmth and homeliness.

Anything else to add? :)

*All fixed now.

Last edited:
I don't know about the technical aspects.....but now i got a craving for homemade muffins.
Thanks for sharing

I think this is a neat shot...I too enjoy taking pics of food.
Glad I'm not alone.

I like the fading effect that the muffins in the back have, but maybe the two muffins right behind the front muffins, could have been a little clearer, and then a fade out to the back ones. But, a very dreamy effect, I think. I too now want me some muffins! :sexywink:

I think this is a neat shot...I too enjoy taking pics of food.
Glad I'm not alone.

I like the fading effect that the muffins in the back have, but maybe the two muffins right behind the front muffins, could have been a little clearer, and then a fade out to the back ones. But, a very dreamy effect, I think. I too now want me some muffins! :sexywink:

I agree I should have focused on the 2nd row of muffins. But there was quite a bit of kitchen clutter in the background that I wanted to blur out and I was already at maximum aperture. Not even a week old and I already need another lens? xD

I think the center of interest is too close to the bottom margin

$muffin.jpg

Most reactions

Back