Emerana
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jan 2, 2008
- Messages
- 857
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Houston, Texas
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I know I posted once a long while ago about this but I thought maybe because I have been around longer, more moms would reply. I know there are alot of us on here. I think it would be fun to get a discussion going.
I think being a mom photographer adds quite a few joys and challenges. On the positive side I have two cuties to practice on and a ton of friends kids too. But finding time to go out shooting is really hard. I guess it is because I am a full time (meaning 24/7) stay at home mom. When I really cant get out I have started to go do driving photo shoots. When the kids are sleepy I load them up, give them a snack and go looking for something I can shoot in or by my car. I have only done it twice. Once the kids started to cry instead of nap so I called it off and the other I found this great cemetery I could drive through (huge score!).
I really need to get a small P&S camera to take snap shots ... like when we go to the zoo or birthday parties. I kind of hate not doing my best work for every shot, but I am sick of lugging around my XTi and lenses.
So my questions to fellow photog-moms is
What are the best and worst things about being into photography and being a mom?
How do you get in time to shoot?
Do you use different cameras when you are seriously shooting verses when just getting snaps of your kids?
I think being a mom photographer adds quite a few joys and challenges. On the positive side I have two cuties to practice on and a ton of friends kids too. But finding time to go out shooting is really hard. I guess it is because I am a full time (meaning 24/7) stay at home mom. When I really cant get out I have started to go do driving photo shoots. When the kids are sleepy I load them up, give them a snack and go looking for something I can shoot in or by my car. I have only done it twice. Once the kids started to cry instead of nap so I called it off and the other I found this great cemetery I could drive through (huge score!).
I really need to get a small P&S camera to take snap shots ... like when we go to the zoo or birthday parties. I kind of hate not doing my best work for every shot, but I am sick of lugging around my XTi and lenses.
So my questions to fellow photog-moms is
What are the best and worst things about being into photography and being a mom?
How do you get in time to shoot?
Do you use different cameras when you are seriously shooting verses when just getting snaps of your kids?
Of course with it getting warm I am trying a new one. We can go to the park if I can take your picture before you play.