Mom photographers

My husband was recently suggesting I get a carry permit. He said he'd feel better about the kids and I running around in gator infested lands on our nature hikes.

OP, to answer your questions:
What are the best and worst things about being into photography and being a mom?
Three adorable kids who are always up to something. (This is the best and worst-if I am getting pics of one, what *are* the other two doings?!)

How do you get in time to shoot?
So far, I just do it when they are with me. I hope to work out some sort of "me" time this summer while we still have a sitter nearby. This fall? Our sitter will be off at school. We homeschool, so no back to school play time for this mommy.

Do you use different cameras when you are seriously shooting verses when just getting snaps of your kids?
I have a few cameras, but I am intent on carrying the D40 most places. It has a lovely backpack case to travel in and I want to make sure I can play whenever possible. My son may inherit my small p&s, with his going to his yr old sis. The two yr old can use the old fisher-price 35mm. :) I think hubby will use the Canon S5 on biz trips. (With some arm twisting from me- he is not into photography much, but he gets to/has to take some remarkable trips IMO. Maybe I just need to get out more LOL!)
Hehe my DH also wants me to get a permit. As long as I can get my kids and I training on how to use the gun when the $ are there I am going to.
And it is so true even while they are with me I can be shooting or have 1 next to me and the other one can be in to some thing making a mess in the next room. LOL
I want a back pack so bad I too carry my camera most places with me but in a total pain in the butt hard shell makeup like suite case.

evil, this is a photography forum, not a gun forum. 1 post and its this one? fishy

Mary, I totally respect working moms and have nothing against them. As a SAHM alot of people think we have it easy so I am grateful for the pats on the back. Often families with only one working parent have to make some sacrifices, as do ones with two working parents. Just different kinds.

I have 3 children ages 10, 4, 2. I have been on both sides of the fence. I worked when I only had 2. I worked in Telecomunications. Then I had my 3rd. I could not afford daycare for 3 kids so found financially it made sense to stay home. I love staying at home with my kids. But I know that if needed I can go out and work. I think that if you have to work do it. I don't like when people place judgment on working or non working moms. My mom was a single parent and worked her butt off. She raised 2 responsible working kids. I didn't see her much so that sucked.

I am going to attempt a new bribe next week. I am going to go to a park that has a small play are but also has some very beautiful areas around it. They have to let me take pictures of them before they get to play. We will see how this goes. LOL

I am going to attempt a new bribe next week. I am going to go to a park that has a small play are but also has some very beautiful areas around it. They have to let me take pictures of them before they get to play. We will see how this goes. LOL

:D G/L and let us know how it works out.

I have 3 children ages 10, 4, 2. I have been on both sides of the fence. I worked when I only had 2. I worked in Telecomunications. Then I had my 3rd. I could not afford daycare for 3 kids so found financially it made sense to stay home. I love staying at home with my kids. But I know that if needed I can go out and work. I think that if you have to work do it. I don't like when people place judgment on working or non working moms. My mom was a single parent and worked her butt off. She raised 2 responsible working kids. I didn't see her much so that sucked.

Mine are 10, 5 and 2. I worked until my middle one was almost a year old and realized that I was not really making much money, esp. when we left the house at 7am and did not return until 7pm. I was too wiped out to cook, so we ate out. It was just a crazy life and I am so very blessed to be out of the rat race. DH unfortunately still makes the commute, so he is gone 7-7 (on the good days)....We try to make the most of the weekends.

My kids arent quite old enough for bribes...well stickers work with my 2 year old but that only goes so far. Someday we will have to try them.

OMG one of my friends taught my 2 year old to say "cheeeeze" and make a cheese face when you take his picture. I was sooooooooo :confused:

Most reactions

Back