Mom's Cooking

chantal7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I've created this "cover page" for my mom's baking recipes book. The two photos combined are two things she's made. I combined the two photos in photoshop, added a little text and thought it turned out pretty good.

:thumbdown::thumbup: What do you all think? My mom was pretty amused at how it turned out.

MomsRecipesCoverPageGOOD.jpg

Until I read your description, I was a little confused. The split between the chocolates and the muffins is weird to me. If I pick up a cookbook, the cover shows ONE thing, not two different ones.

Also, I think the muffins need to be rotated clockwise about 1° ... they look a little tilted.

And ... I would suggest a different color for your text. It blends in with the candies despite the shadow.

Well my photo is different, that's for sure. I wasn't sure how to go about the "line" between the two photos so I thought I'd put text there. I used yellow simply because it would go with the picture. I didn't want something like pink to stand out too much, I dunno; I'm happy with the font color :) Ty for your input :) I might try a different font color later!

I totally used the wrong photo when putting it together. I was paying more attention to how it was going together rather than the photo I accidentally clicked. I fixed it in the original post. Oh well, at least my mother was pleased with it.

Nice but the small watermarks are annoying and distracting as hell. Jettison those and that'd be great.

Nice but the small watermarks are annoying and distracting as hell. Jettison those and that'd be great.

Thank you. I know, all watermarks are annoying :thumbdown::angry1: but try to look past it :thumbup:

I agree, the watermarks are annoying. As for the line between both pics, why dont you do a text box with a gaussian blur and it will blur the line... just an idea.

I agree, the watermarks are annoying. As for the line between both pics, why dont you do a text box with a gaussian blur and it will blur the line... just an idea.

I'm not sure what you mean by that? Am I creating another text and then applying the bur? Or am I applying the blur to the "mom's recipes" part?

I'm not sure what you mean by that? Am I creating another text and then applying the bur? Or am I applying the blur to the "mom's recipes" part?

What I meant to say and wasnt very clear now that I read it again.
First, you will have to do it again unless you saved the original in layer format.

1> Place a rectangular box where the seam is between the two pictures.

2> Gaussian blur the box

3> Create a 3rd layer with the Moms Recipes (or whatever you want the text to read)

That will get rid of the seam and will make the text POP out :)

Here is the idea I am talking about...
RecipeBookIdea.png

haha yeah.

Mom's Recipes

's = possessive
You're mom owns the recipes...therefore, Mom's. :p

Wouldn't there be a "'" between the M and the S.

Mom's

I'm an Engineer though, I'm not well informed with grammar =)

Yes, you are right. I had put it there originally, but the font I used, it doesn't even show the: ' in the first place, it looked something like this when I typed it: Mom (BIG SPACE HERE, it wouldn't let me put a space in!) s Recipes. There was this huge space. It was messed up; but I liked the font so I deleted it :p

Now I understand the guassian blur, thank you. I'll try it and post my results :wink:

lol - grammar lesson for everyone today? :lol:

Edit: Here, the photo without the watermarks, and the guassian blur thing (thanks for that!!! Good idea, and I'll keep it in mind)

Now that I look at it, maybe I should have made that "box" bigger? Or does it look okay like it is? -->

MomsRecipesCoverPageGOOD2.jpg

More blur:

MomsRecipesCoverPageGOOD3.jpg

YOUR mom ... not "you're," which is a conjunction between "you" and "are." Come on people. :)

WOW. Im way tired.

i NEVER make that mistake. I hate when people do it. I'm very surprised i did it. good call ast. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back