monitor calibration

MACollum

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I finally sucked it up and got the Color Vision Spyder Express software for calibrating my monitor. OMG, what a difference it makes. Both my laptop and desktop monitors were evidently displaying cooler than they should. Also, my pictures are sharper! I think the colors were blending in a way that was muddying my pictures. Needless to say, I will not be going uncalibrated ever again.

The best part is that most of my pictures, despite being PP on a monitor that was so jacked up, just look way better. I had been wondering why my pictures seemed to be underexposed all the time, even though the histogram showed they were ok.

BTW, I ordered the software from Amazon.com on Tuesday. I got an email in just a couple of hours telling me it shipped. It was supposed to be delivered Monday but I got it yesterday (just 2 days after it shipped).

If you haven't calibrated your monitor yet, do it!!! I paid less than $70 for the software + shipping. I can finally post some pictures without worrying that they are unintentionally messed up by a bad profile. I gotta get out and shoot today!!

Indeed. Don't forget if you have a CRT calibrate weekly and also make sure both your monitor and your calibrator are warmed up before using it.

Thanks Garbz. I have an LCD (my CRT crapped out after 8 years). I had to go back and reedit my Easter pictures because the colors were all messed up.

You can get them both for under $100. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back