Monitor Calibration?

TheBoombaGnome

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've seen a lot of posts in the past of people talking about re-calibrating their computer monitors to show the colors as correctly as possible. I'm on my laptop now and can finally see the clear difference between the two.

Does anyone have any suggestions on websites or software to use to correctly calibrate a monitor? I mean, my monitors are kinda old ('08 with a lot of hours on em) but i can tell that the shading and what not is off from monitor to monitor (rockin' a triple set up) so the closer I can get them, the better

Thanks guys!

TBG

you need acutal hardware. those software/websites are wack if you want to be serious about it. I use Eye1 it's a very good calibrator but it's $200 but it's WORTH the money

Well... This will help you with brightness/contrast. But I am color deficient, so I won't try to help there...

Monitor%20Calibration.jpg

Be sure you can see the whitest white and the blackest black... and all 26 different shades...

Well... This will help you with brightness/contrast. But I am color deficient, so I won't try to help there...

Monitor%20Calibration.jpg

Be sure you can see the whitest white and the blackest black...

I to am color deficient, thats why I was hoping there was a program for it :p

Thanks for that, man. That will for sure help me out!

I am not sure how that scale is supposed to help. On my iPad I can see each square segment with the brightness all the way up or all the way down. *shrugs*

I am not sure how that scale is supposed to help. On my iPad I can see each square segment with the brightness all the way up or all the way down. *shrugs*

I can see each square just fine on my 19" LCD but they blend together when I am on my craptop.

It isn't the be all and end all tool. But it definitely helps.

Yeah, maybe it helps more with contrast, rather than brightness.
I'll have to give it a look on my craptop too.

Go to: Digital Photography Tutorials

Scroll down to the tutorial section labeled Color Management, and red through those tutorials.

There are 2 kinds of calibrating devices.

If you only need to calibrate a computer display a colorimeter is all you need. I highly recommend the X-RITE i1 Display 2 colorimeter but if your budget is tight you can get by with the X-Rite Eye-One Display LT

If you need to calibrate a computer display and other devices like a printer, scanner, or projector you need a spectrophotometer like X-RITE's ColorMunki Photo - Monitor, Printer & Projector Profiler .

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back